Saturday, September 15, 2007

Cartoon Dump 9/25 Andy Kindler, Joel Hodgson, Frank Conniff, Erica Doering & vintage cartoons!

Hi people. Feels like forever since I've blogged in here. I feel bad that I've been seduced by myspace's easy log in and addictive allure. Sorry about that. Ever since my old blog disappeared without a trace I've been a little hesitant to blog. It was just so frustrating to have those three years disappear like that. Still makes me upset to think about. Anyways, whatever.

I've had some good things happen so far this year, though. They are:


1) In May I found a quarter!

2) I'm in some contest that I won a round in a few months ago. They just told me on the 13th that I'm in the finals, but apparently voting started on Sept. 4th, so from what I can tell it's not just a comedy contest, but a model of how the republicans hope to run the primaries as well! BUT if I win i get one thousand dollars!

Anyways you can be a part of this grand fiasco by voting for me, Erica Doering!

And THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO ME ALL YEAR IS....

3) I'm in a new show called "Cartoon Dump!" It's a hilarious show that my friend Frank Conniff (MST3K) created. Right now we do it every 4th Tuesday of the month at The Steve Allen Theater. We're also loading clips of up online and we're secretly hoping (or maybe not so secretly) hoping it gets picked up eventually.


Cartoon Dump is a live parody of the children's shows of yesteryear.
In between the dark satire we screen CRAPPY vintage cartoons that are hilariously bad. WThen there's a stand up comic. Last month's stand up comic was Dana Gould!

And neat suprises like this happen:Last month Joel Hodgson (Mystery Science Theater Three 3k creator), buuilt and puppeteer'd his own creation! "Dumpster Diver Dan!" will be back again this month too. Yay! So far the shows have been sold out and this month should be no different, so come by if you can.

CARTOON DUMP is a kid's show for adults who are emotionally and developmentally damaged kids at heart.

CARTOON DUMP takes place in a garbage dump, a filthy, disease-ridden stink hole where whimsy, imagination and a child-like sense of fun are as common as the used heroin needles and discarded crack pipes that litter the ground like magical four-leaf clovers. CARTOON DUMP boasts a beguiling cast of characters who will bring laughter and joy into the hearts of borderline schizophrenics the world over.

Through story and song, COMPOST BRITE (that's me!) teaches her young viewers important lessons about love, friendship, and self-mutilation along with MOODSY THE CLINICALLY DEPRESSED OWL(Frank Conniff), MORTY THE NEW AGE AGENT(Eddie Pepitone), BUFF BADGER THE RAGEHOLIC ANIMATION HISTORIAN(Kathleen Roll), HANGOVER HOUND(Joe Keyes) and other special guests.

Cartoon Dump in space
See some of Cartoon Dump on YOUTUBE!

CARTOON DUMP every 4th tues. of the month
Tues. SEPT. 25th @ 8pm
The Steve Allen Theater
4773 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, California 90027
Free Parking!
Order advanced tickets
Tell yer friends!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home